Last updated: September 25, 2020.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Splitvolt, Inc..com and its affiliates (collectively “Splitvolt, Inc.”) collect and process your personal information through Splitvolt, Inc. websites, devices, and products, services, and online stores that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Splitvolt, Inc. Services”). By using Splitvolt, Inc. Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Splitvolt, Inc. Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Splitvolt, Inc. Below are some examples of information we may collect. You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through our website;
- provide information in Your Account or Your Profile;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate Reviews ;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts , such as Available to Order Notifications.
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Splitvolt Services;
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
- device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials.
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- Information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- Search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).
For What Purposes Does Splitvolt, Inc. Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Splitvolt, Inc. Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our website.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Splitvolt, Inc. Services..
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Splitvolt, Inc. Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. In the future we may use personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Splitvolt, Inc., and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Splitvolt, Inc. Share Your Personal Information?
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service . Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Splitvolt, Inc. Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We may provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Splitvolt, Inc. ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier.
Are Children Allowed to Use Splitvolt, Inc. Services?
Splitvolt, Inc. does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults. By using Splitvolt, Inc. Services you hereby explicitly confirm that you are at least 18 years or older.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Splitvolt Inc. acknowledges the California Consumer Privacy Act as outlined on Amazon’s website California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures for those elements that pertain to Splitvolt, Inc. Services.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Splitvolt, Inc. Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Splitvolt, Inc., please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Splitvolt, Inc. Conditions of Use
Welcome to Splitvolt, Inc. and/or its affiliates (“Splitvolt”) provide website features and other products and services to you when you visit or shop at Splitvolt.com, use Splitvolt products or services, use Splitvolt applications for mobile, or use software provided by Splitvolt in connection with any of the foregoing (collectively, “Splitvolt Services”). Splitvolt provides the Splitvolt Services subject to the following conditions.
By using Splitvolt Services, you agree to these conditions. Please read them carefully.
We offer a wide range of Splitvolt Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use a Splitvolt Service you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that Splitvolt Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
When you use Splitvolt Services, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this site or through the other Splitvolt Services, and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any Splitvolt Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of Splitvolt and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any Splitvolt Service is the exclusive property of Splitvolt and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
Written claims concerning copyright infringement must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
“SPLITVOLT(™)”, “EMPOWERING ELECTRIC VEHICLE ADOPTION(™)”, “SPLITTER SWITCH(™)” and all graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any Splitvolt Service are trademarks or trade dress of Splitvolt, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Splitvolt’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Splitvolt’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Splitvolt. All other trademarks not owned by Splitvolt that appear in any Splitvolt Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Splitvolt.
One or more patents owned by Splitvolt apply to the Splitvolt Services and to the features and services accessible via the Splitvolt Services. Portions of the Splitvolt Services operate under the license of one or more patents.
Licenses and Access
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms, and your payment of any applicable fees, Splitvolt or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Splitvolt Services. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any Splitvolt Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Splitvolt Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by Splitvolt or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. No Splitvolt Service, nor any part of any Splitvolt Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Splitvolt. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Splitvolt without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Splitvolt’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Splitvolt. You may not misuse the Splitvolt Services. You may use the Splitvolt Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Splitvolt terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
You may need your own Splitvolt account to use certain Splitvolt Services, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Splitvolt does not sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. Splitvolt reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use Splitvolt Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
Reviews, Comments, Communication, and Other Content
You may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Splitvolt reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Splitvolt a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Splitvolt and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Splitvolt for all claims resulting from content you supply. Splitvolt has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Splitvolt takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Intellectual Property Complaints
Splitvolt respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed, please contact customer service.
Risk of Loss
All purchases of physical items from Splitvolt are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Returns, Refunds, and Title
Splitvolt does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Splitvolt does not take title to the refunded item. For more information about our returns and refunds, please see contact customer service.
Splitvolt attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Splitvolt does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any Splitvolt Service, Amazon listing, Indiegogo listing or advertisements are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Splitvolt itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
Sanctions and Export Policy
You may not use any Splitvolt Service if you are the subject of U.S. sanctions or of sanctions consistent with U.S. law imposed by the governments of the country where you are using Splitvolt Services. You must comply with all U.S. or other export and re-export restrictions that may apply to goods, software (including Splitvolt Software), technology, and services.
We provide links to the sites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses. If you purchase any of the products or services offered by these businesses or individuals, you are purchasing directly from those third parties, not from Splitvolt. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant, the offerings of any of these businesses or individuals (including the content of their Web sites). Splitvolt does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE Splitvolt SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), WARRANTIES, AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE Splitvolt SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY Splitvolt ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. Splitvolt MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE Splitvolt SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE Splitvolt SERVICES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE Splitvolt SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any Splitvolt Service, or to any products or services sold or distributed by Splitvolt or through Splitvolt.com will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the terms of these Conditions of Use as a court would.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent Incorporating Services, Ltd. 3500 S. DuPont Hwy. Dover, DE 19901 The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Splitvolt will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
By using any Splitvolt Service, you agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Splitvolt.
Site Policies, Modification, and Severability
We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.